Sunday, October 18, 2009

Scrapload of Cards!

Well, maybe "scrapload" isn't totally accurate, but that's what I'm calling this post. All of them did come from scraps because not a single full sheet was cut into (except for the card bases of course!) I HAD to use scraps since my scrap file was BUSTING at the seams....literally! I just love this new set from the mini catalog, Autumn Spendor. I sat on the fence with this set for weeks before I broke down and bought it. I am so glad I did. It's gorgeous inked up!


This was the first card I came up with.....far from a winner. But I really liked the leaves stamped on the retired Au Chocolate DSP. I only used More Mustard and Really Rust ink. I kept on going.....










Now this is card I can claim! I really like this one. I added the Old Olive ink and the third leaf image since the Au Chocolate paper I was working with was larger. I just acquired the background stamp En Francais and was busting to use it too. Since I made a horizontal card the background wasn't wide enough to cover the card front. I needed a place to put some ribbon anyway! I used a simple bow that lays more flat so it will travel in the mail much better. Anybody else have problems with that?



My third try I decided to stamp directly on the Kraft cardstock. I like this look too. Although, I'm not sure I am lovin' the ribbon AND the floss tag together, but after I had already added the ribbon I was stumped on where to put my sentiment. It's OK. I really love the Kraft paper and Autumn Spendor together! I love Kraft anytime, but it seems especially fitting in Fall.

On a side note, Fall may not last too much longer here in Iowa. We've had temps WAY below normal and the last 10 days have been gray and gloomy. Thankfully it's sunny today and it allowed me to get some decent pictures! My last post told of my photography woes! Today I took my pictures in the kitchen on my hoosier cabinet. It works well when the sun it out! Hope you are enjoying sunny, warm Fall days! Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. These are LOVELY! All of them! I love the ribbon & the floss together---did you dye your ribbon? That set just keeps calling to me...I have resisted it so far, but it is truly a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete