Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kristina's Color Inspiration #39


Aren't these some challenging colors? Certainly out of my comfort zone! Kristina is really making us work for this challenge. Now, I love black and how colors "pop" against it, but Green Galore, Real Red and So Saffron? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Green Galore. However, I would lean towards an analogous color scheme (on the same side of the color wheel.) After study it I thought "Colors on a stop light!" What can I do with that? I don't have any stamps like that." I gave up and went about my evening business. After the kids went to bed I began again. The idea came really quickly. My retired Loving Hearts would convey the love and encouragement for this card. I think this would be great to send to someone going to a big job interview or just reaching for their dreams in general. The doodling around the card is my own. I just wanted to mirror the feeling of the hearts. The sentiments are individual letter stamps (non-SU) that I embossed with white. I stamped them on black then used my Word Window punch because I wanted to reduce the "Ooops! I made a mistake factor." Then, have to do that portion all over again! Hope you enjoyed stopping by the blog!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. The sentiments remind me of a show we have in the UK where the host always says Read Stead Cook. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stoplight! How cute is that? Ladybugs is what I eventually thought of . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AWESOME~!! I love it - and those hearts are sooo cute!!! YOU rocked this Shelley!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love your layout and the colors just pop... TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete