Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sieze The Birthday ... Crabby Style

 Did my title get ya wonderin'?  Hee!  Hee!  I have a couple masculine birthdays in the next two weeks.  So, I'm trying a new sketch challenge, Seize the Birthday.  What I like about this challenge is they use the same sketch for two weeks.  The first week is for feminine birthday cards and the next week the focus is on masculine cards.  Fun!  So here's the sketch I had to work with:


I had already pulled out some scraps, which included a pre-colored "Mr. Crabby" from the retired set, Crab and Company. Once that was done, the card came together pretty quickly.  The last detail, "Mr. Crabby" holding the sentiment wasn't planned, it just came to me at the very end.  Another happy accident....love it!


On my husband's side of the family we are all seafood lovers.  We vacation together pretty often and crabbing for Maryland Blue Claw crabs is a big event.  So this set and these cards are pretty popular with this card maker.  Every couple years I pull out these stamps and surprise somebody with another crab card!  It's fun to find the different ways to use it.


4 comments:

  1. This is fun Shelley, I always thought that set was cute! The sentiment on the flag is genius! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Shelley! Love the flag the crab is holding :) Lovely touch with the ric rak too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that is so cute!! I love that little crab!! Such a great guy card! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super duper cuteness!!!! love the sentiment too :)
    So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete