Monday, July 19, 2010

Friends 24-7 and Multiple Challenges

Today was finally the day I could stamp with no guilt, I couldn't find a single pressing thing to keep me away.  I did have to spend a fair amount of time researching the challenges out there.  Currently I have about 40 saved in my favorites, I would like to add even more, but it's safe to say, going thorough that many sites took awhile.

I ended up with qualifying for three great challenges.







I find I've been using fewer and fewer embellishments on my cards.  The practical side of me, thinking about them going through the mail.  I could have used ribbon on this card, but I went with crumpled paper.  I just wanted to play with my paper!

So, tomorrow is another golf day, but I am hopeful I won't be too tired once I get home and can get my fingers inky once again!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Shelley! The background script is so elegant, and the crumpled paper instead of ribbon is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Shelley! The background script is gorgeous, and I love how you used the crumpled paper instead of ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the colors and that sweet stamp. :)

    I haven't had any trouble with mine going through the mail. And I add a lot of embellishments. I just put the front of the card facing the back of the envelope. If there is something that will poke through the envelope I just cut a piece of paper to fit inside and put it between the card and the envelope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I saved it to make something similar later : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Shelley!! I never tire of that BG stamp and what a wonderful idea to crumple paper in lieu of ribbon! You're creative genes were just waiting to bust out. Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card. How do you come up with all of these beautiful ideas? I love the crinkled paper detail.
    Have a great day!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the colors and that crinkled paper. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it wrong to feel so happy from a sad card? WELL, not if it's flippin' beautiful! AND this sure is! I think a handmade sympathy card is the best kind of lovin' one can share during a loss - this is outstanding! I love the edge work and that glorious, almost LEATHER look to that distressed strip - HEAVENS! Wonderful work! So glad you are sharing this terrific piece with the Color Cue this round! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea to use a crinkled piece of paper in lieu of a ribbon! GENIUS! I need to case this! Love these colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the crumpled paper! The mail is not card friendly at all! LOVE the "notebook" paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow -- gorgeous, Shelley. Love, love, love the crumpled paper strip. What a perfect alternative to ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The crumpled paper strip was a stroke of genius! A stunning card! I love the ripped "notepage" and the background text, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful! I love all aspects of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card. Wow, your crumpled paper looks just like ribbon to me. I didn't notice until I read it. Envious of your amazing photo skills too!

    ReplyDelete