Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughts & Prayers - Rich Gold Challenge

Hello my stampin' friends! I'm guessing unless you live in Hawaii, you have experienced some cold weather and maybe even some snow! I heard the other day that 49 states have experienced some snow this year. Of course with snow, comes cold weather. No surprise here in Iowa, we've had plenty of both! So, when I saw Stacey's challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage I couldn't wait to work with these rich, warm golden colors!
My first thought was to make a card with Autumn Spendor, Lovely As a Tree or Inspired By Nature and any of those would have made a fine card. I wanted to go for a more sophisticated look, to reflect the mood of Stacey's inspiration photo. I think Thoughts and Prayers used along with the ornament punch accomplishes this. Doesn't it have an Asian flair? I really like it. The Happy Birthday from Well Scripted came about because I needed a birthday card for my sister-in-law.I added lots of dimension to my card with the flowers from the Trio Flower Punch. Along with the embossing of my vase with Perfect Details Texturz Plate Die. Finally a technique I love.... sewing down the gathered grosgrain ribbon and button.

To add more sparkle I sprayed my So Saffron cardstock with Champagne Mist paint combined with rubbing alcohol. I've done this before and it is subtle, but very pretty. If you click on the close-up picture it does give you a better look.I wish you sunny days filled with warm sun!

6 comments:

  1. What a clever use of the ornament punch, Shelley! Your stitched ribbon trim is so fabulous:) Thanks so much for sharing this at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shelley. Beautiful card! Love the way you used the ornament punch. Think I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty! love the flowers. wouldn't have thought to use thoughts and prayers this way! great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this ist super cute! LG Silvana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so nice with this look of japanese "ikebana"(flowers settlement).

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a stunning card, love the button!

    ReplyDelete