Friday, January 8, 2010

You Guessed It, a Challenge and a Snow Day!

I knew it was going to happen. No school again today. It didn't stop snowing until late last night and then the winds picked up. So, there was no way the plows would be able to open all our rural roads. The shoveling we did yesterday? All blown over again. My morning paper was sitting in a two foot drift. Do I sound unhappy? No, I STILL LOVE SNOW DAYS! I guess my attitude would be different if hubby or I had to fight out way to work each day. Thankfully for us, that's not the case.

I have one card, two challenges to share today. A great (but definitely not in my comfort zone) color combo from the gals at Stamping 411.The sketch is from Pals Paper Arts.I used the retired set Unfrogettable. In the end I struggled whether or not to put on the sentiment. In hindsight, I wish I had made it a pull-out. I had already put my dimensionals behind and couldn't make it work. If you're wondering, I really did plan on making the waves "wonky." I have no idea who this card will go to. It would be great for young boys, but in our family, we are stacked with all girls!As I'm looking at this, I really should take all my pictures during the day. Even with the color adjustments I made in Photoshop, the whites just aren't bright enough. Bummer!

I really should get the kids to help start taking down my tree today. I am not motivated AT ALL! I'm having too much fun stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! colors are beautiful and it is a fun card! Who wouldn't love receiving it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, Shelley! I just love the water and how you wrapped the ribbon! Great job on both challenges! Being from Southeast Iowa, I can relate to the snow days! Yippee! No teaching for me! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete