Sunday, January 24, 2010

Live Like You Mean It - Challenge

Are you enjoying your Sunday? It's been pretty lazy around here. Hubby had a day trip to St. Louis, so it's just me and the kids today. I stayed up VERY late again last night. I am such a night owl. I think it was 3:30am before I went to bed. I was really goofing off in my craft room, until the inspiration to make a card came over me.

When I saw the Play Date Cafe challenge I knew where my card was going to start. I had this card base with two patterned papers of Tempting Turquoise already mounted on the Whisper White base. A card that was never completed.
I really like stamping onto patterned paper, I've done it a few times and I've always been pleased with the results. It's a perfect way to work in some black. The solid flower image from Live Like You Mean It really turned out well. A solid image, but not too much black. I covered my seam with 5/8" Bravo Burgundy grosgrain ribbon. I tried a new bow. Don't know what you call it. I don't know how others do it, but I used glue dots the wrangle the ribbon. Then, added my button with some embroidery thread. It was easy and there's not a huge "bump" to worry about if I mail it.

Now I'm off for a little football, helping daughter with her Science Fair project and hopefully more stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Oooo I do like this card! Deceptively simple. Great ribbon too. Glad the play date cafe colours proved such great inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try stamping on patterned paper more often, too. Those silhouette stamps look great on the turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card :) I'm from Iowa too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love card and great use of the colors!

    So glad you were able to play along with us at The Play Date Cafe Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fantastic color mix and the ribbon treatment is super... not so bulky when mailing! I never think to use black images on DP's... a must try for me! Enjoy your Sunday... only one week till Super Bowl Sunday!!!!! I already have a menu planned.. ha! :)

    ReplyDelete