Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Flowerpot Card 4 My Mum!

Hello my stamping friends!

I know I have been absent most of the summer! It certainly wasn't my plan to take the summer off, but essentially that's what happened! Now that the kids are back in school, I am desperately hoping that I find some time in my craft room!

Today I really had no choice. You see, tomorrow is my mother's birthday. It's milestone birthday, 60 years. So, I had to come up with something good. I gave it my best shot with a flowerpot card. I have never made one and therefore it took FOREVER! I suppose being a little rusty had something to do with it, too. I'm fairly pleased with it. I don't think I've ever completed a card saying I wouldn't change a thing, but this is close. My main gripe, the proportions are a little off and the pull out is a little on the small side. Great if you don't have much to write in the card! Maybe not so great in this case, but I know she will love it, she's my mom, she has too!

Anyway, thanks so much for sticking with me through my absence! I really appreciate all of you! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelley!! I'm just blown away with your Mom's 60th birthday card... Fantastic! Lots of lovely details, colors and LOVE put into it. I'm sure she had a smile on her face!! Also I'm glad to see you are back... and enjoy some free time that the kids are in school now. I missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete