Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kristina's Color Inspiration #4


Good morning! Here it is, Thursday morning. I missed my post last night. I was going to do it....didn't. Then, at 11:00pm on my way to bed I realized I still had not posted. Darn.

Well, today's card for Kristina's Color Inspiration is one of her very first. Doesn't this scene just make you long for those warm summer days? I know I am ready for some "warm" weather. It should be in the 50's here today. I'll be taking advantage and cleaning all the winter sand out of my garage. All you northerners know what I'm talking about!

I have to say, I have borderline obsession with using my scraps. Sometimes it gets me in trouble. Takes my card to very bad place! This card came to me very quickly when I saw these Chocolate Chip circles in my scrap file. The cuttlebug embossing folder reminds me of bamboo and gives a whole tropical feel I think. The leaves are part of the Five Petal Punch. I thought about leaving them blank but couldn't resist stamping them with the leaves from last year's Sale-A-Bration set Friendship Blooms. The sentiment comes from So Many Sayings.

I have a little bit of news from my last post. Funny how things work. The day after I posted that card I get an e-mail from Splitcoast Stampers. This card won the "As You Wish" challenge based on the Princess Bride movie! Boy, was I floored! I've won a little something. I have no idea what it is. When it comes in the mail I'll be sure to post about it. So, get out there and do those challenges!

1 comment:

  1. Shelley your card is GORGEOUS!! I love the embossed BG (I don't have this folder… and you have inspired me to purchase it!) and how you created your flowers is so amazing!!

    I understand 100% on the winter sand in the garage thing... I just vacuumed up a bunch Friday along with dog hair! :)

    ReplyDelete