Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kristina's Color Inspiration #25



Did I say, "Hope to see you tomorrow on Monday?" Yes, I did and then I wasn't here yesterday! I should have known that might happen and plan a post ahead. I was running all day. Then, hubby and I broke down and did our taxes last night! There's 4 hours of my life I won't get back!

So, today I have a really cute card to share. This number 25 from Kristina's Color Inspiration. Some wonderfully sunny colors. It is so gloomy here today and they are talking snow for the weekend, so I need a little lift.

I did a little "surgery" on this card. I had a long strip of Ballet Blue not quite wide enough for a standard card. So, I sewed this strip of So Saffron DP on the side. It seems I've been using my sewing machine for card making more than quilting lately! I also sewed the center of the largest flower. My favorite part of the card? My clouds. See them in the background? I used a scalloped circle and sponged some ballet blue. It's the first time trying this technique and I think it's cute and fun! My sentiment is from Michael's dollar bin.

I have to admit, I'm ready to finish the Color Inspirations. Getting caught up has been a bigger job than I had imagined. I will be glad when I have finished and am able to participate in more than just this one. It's kept me pretty busy!

2 comments:

  1. I just {{LOVE}} your card Shelley... I needed a “pick-me-up” of spring time colors and flowers! We had rain and snow here all day and the wind was just blowing. So your card has cheered me up LOTS!! Now sewing around a circle I have never done. But I might have to try this as I have my sewing machine out. Your clouds are so DARLING!! I like them too... Smiles my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO_-- this is GORGEOUS!! I need a new sewing machine with some fun stitches like this--- I'm just getting caught up with "Life" being busy-- but I had to comment on this card!! BTW--I never got back to you, but that whole email thing that happened ended up not being blog related (thankfully!) Thanks for checkin in with me though! Hope things are well here in the North Pole this weekend for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete