Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kristina's Color Inspiration #1


Well, the boys lost. They put up a great fight and were behind by two at the half. In the end the game got away from them. Congratulations on a great season, Bobcats!

Here's Kristina's very first challenge! And do you know what I discovered when looking for the original publish date? Today is the exactly 1 year of Color Inspirations!!! Kristina is such a great lady. She gives so much of herself in her blog. If by some crazy chance you've never gone to her sight. Please check her out (you can click on her name and it takes you to her site.)

I had such a great time with this card. The colors to use were Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink and Chocolate Chip. I used a retired set, You Make Me Happy. I love this big flower stamped in Purely Pomegranate. I paper pierced freehand then went back with brown pearl cotton thread and did a running stitch. I continued the running stitch around the leaves. It's such a fun technique, don't be surprised if I use it again....soon!

So, remember to keep coming back each day. I still have a good 15 or challenges to complete. I'll be back again tomorrow! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful new banner! I'm feeling the itch for SPRING now!! :) Great card girl!! I have to try this color mix as I have lots of Purely Pomegranate. Your running stitch is the "WOW" for me.... Smiles! Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete