Monday, April 21, 2008

Loads of Love Birthday

I don't have a lot going on this week, so I may be posting quite a few things. I chose Loads of Love today because I needed an image to water color. I've done a little watercoloring in the past but I always was frustrated with the results. I had read on Julie's site, Paper Pleasing Ideas that water color paper does not show the brush strokes from markers. It's true!!! I am thrilled with the results!!! I didn't completely fill in my image, I tried my hand at shading, then I went back with my blender pens and pulled the ink into areas I had not colored. I know when I first started stamping I hated the idea of coloring an image. I wanted things to be quick and easy! Now, I really enjoy coloring. Think of how much fun you had coloring when you were young and enjoy the process!!! It really doesn't take that much time and what a difference it makes in your card. The sentiment comes from Birthday Whimsy and the candles in the back of the truck are from Tagger's Dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I absolutely LOVE this card.. you did SUCH AN AMAZING JOB on the coloring... the shadows, the shading... I LOVE everything about it.. oh my goodness! very nice work.. can't wait to see more!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete