Friday, January 24, 2014

Watercolor Wonder Cards - Round 2

I finished another "set" of Watercolor Wonder cards. 


My favorite is this "Love" card.  This idea started over at Rita Wright's blog.  She made a couple really clever cards using this stamp from Countless Sayings I.


 I still love this Hello, Doily stamp.  I must ink it up more often.  I used the sentiment from Regarding Dahlias, the leaves from the Bird Punch and a retired brad with a tissue paper flower.


A simple get well card using Thoughts and Prayers.  I purposely tried to keep these cards very simple, so they would be easy to replicate.  I used markers and the "thumping" technique to color the leaves.


This is Kenna's favorite.  She loves alligators.  Truth be told.  I had to cover a boo-boo, so I went with the alligator from Wild About You.  The speech bubble is from Valentine Defined, both retired, but I was making lemonade out of lemons KWIM?  Anyway, the sentiment is from the coming Sale-A-Bration set, See Ya Later.


Finally, my least favorite.  I struggled with this patterned card both times I used it.  It's very pretty...it doesn't need much help.  Maybe that's my problem, I tried to do too much with it....it's OK.  The sentiment is from Sassy Salutations.  I love this sentiment set!  I had a friend order it during a sale and I thought to myself, "That's kinda neat, maybe I'll get it, too."  I'm sure glad I did...thanks Crys!

So, I may try one more round of these cards.  Maybe inspiration will strike.

BTW - Kenna got her car!  The one we were negotiating the other day.  It's been to the shop, to get a few things tweaked and it's ready to drive next week!  Oh boy!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Stay warm as we prepare for Polar Vortex...round two!

4 comments:

  1. I never tire of that fabulous tree image! Lovely set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley these are all gorgeous watercolors! What a wonderful set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lovely group of cards! These are all just beautiful in so many different ways! A feast for the eyes for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the cards are beautiful, but the one with the tree is especially stunning! You've got a real talent for this art form, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete