Wednesday, September 18, 2013

On a Creative Roll...Halloween Decor

Since I posted my Halloween banner my mind has been filled with Halloween project ideas.  Last Saturday I worked all day on those ideas.  I still don't have everything made but here's a few that found a home on my Hoosier cabinet.


An overall look...


I covered my vintage cherry canisters with text print pages that were zig-zag stitched together.  Then, stenciled some rats from Martha Stewart.  The letters are silver embossed, mounted on frozen concentrate juice lids.  I glued magnets to the back of each letter, to attach them temporarily to the canisters.


More vintage goodies...an orange enamelware pan with Scrabble letters, a Gurley jack o'lantern candle and a flocked Halloween card.


Apples in a cupcake tin.  An easel made from an old fork.  If you aren't aware...a few lines from the witch in the movie Snow White.


I'm super excited to share this rosette (or medallion) I made by piecing together different designer series papers.  I simply butted the edges together and zig-zag stitched over the seam.  I added Scotch tape over the seam in back, just to prevent any tearing of the paper.


Here's a close-up.  Please look past the breaks in the black paper!


I've always wanted to make one of these punch art pumpkins, so here's my chance!

I hope to have more to show in days to come!

5 comments:

  1. Love your ideas and as usual may need to copy! Love those canisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous Halloween decor, Shelly. I need to get my decorations out of the garage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looky at you go! Fabulous job on all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those canisters are awesome, and your hutch looks BOO-tiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley this is a fabulous Halloween display!!! Gosh....I wish we Aussies went all out for Halloween...it would be so much fun to decorate! Great Job!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete