Sunday, August 28, 2011

What a LONG absence! Colour Q #99

Over six months!  That's how long it's been since I've posted or even taken a peek at my Google Reader.  It wasn't my intention, but the spring and summer were so busy the last thing I felt like doing was being on the computer.  I didn't stamp either.  Thankfully I have a big stash of cards to make it through!  I do wonder if I'm ready to be back in full force, but in the last two weeks I've had the desire to stamp.  So, why not post 'em!


The first challenge that caught my eye was Arielle's at the Colour Q.  I love this color combination.  Only the card started when I was playing around with a new flower die.  I decided to cut out a bunch with plain tissue paper, just to see how it looked.  Mmmm....nice!  Reminds me of the white clematis on the south side of my garage (sorry no picture.)


So, it feels pretty good to be creative again!  I hope it "takes."

7 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! She's back! I missed you and your beautiful creations but BOY are you back with a BANG girlfriend! lol

    Beautiful card!!!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. time has certainly not deminished your creativity Shelley!! The gorgeous tissue flower is a real stand out! Great to have you back again, have missed your fabulous style!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! What a pleasant surprise to see you in my reader this morning! I'm glad you're back and hope you'll grace us with more of your beauties soon. :)

    I have yet to try one of these tissue flowers, but yours is just gorgeous! I love how it breaks up the bright color blocks, and the faux stitching is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us again at the ColourQ! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Glad winter is approaching so we can perhaps see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Shelley! Love that flower. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have crossed my mind this week now that I finally have a down week this summer and lone behold here you are in blog land!!! Soooo nice to see you posting and you haven't lost yoru touch at all, this card is fabulous! LOVE the flower and the stitching is a great touch! Keep them coming :)

    Hoping you had a great summer and life is treating you well (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back shelley-its so nice to see you creating again-gorgeous card-your mojo certainly didnt take a hiatus

    ReplyDelete