I have been wanting to make a banner for a few years now. I made it my mission to get one done this weekend....and that's what it took, the better part of a weekend. I will say I am happy with the results, though.
I contemplated every detail, over and over. I pulled out all the tricks in my bag. I used my Cricut, vintage trims and lots of Stampin' Up! paper. I tried a few new things along the way.
The red tulle on the "L" that came out of an auction box lot.
Using lots of pearls and scrunchy tissue flowers on the "O."
The glitter heart on the "V" that I topped with Crystal Effects so that no glitter flakes off.
The vintage seam binding on the "E" that I crinkled and made my bow.
Here's my mantel with my favorite vintage valentine's.
I'm in love.