Monday, January 24, 2011

L-O-V-E Spells Love Banner

This is a first for me.  I am posting on both my blogs.  Here and on Made or Found.

I have been wanting to make a banner for a few years now.  I made it my mission to get one done this weekend....and that's what it took, the better part of a weekend.  I will say I am happy with the results, though.


I contemplated every detail, over and over.  I pulled out all the tricks in my bag.  I used my Cricut, vintage trims and lots of Stampin' Up! paper.  I tried a few new things along the way.


The red tulle on the "L" that came out of an auction box lot.  


Using lots of pearls and scrunchy tissue flowers on the "O." 


The glitter heart on the "V" that I topped with Crystal Effects so that no glitter flakes off.


The vintage seam binding on the "E" that I crinkled and made my bow.

Here's my mantel with my favorite vintage valentine's.


I'm in love.

11 comments:

  1. Shelley, this is such a work of art! You've added so many wonderful little details to each letter. I am thoroughly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG-- SO completely FABULOUS Shelley!! You put some major work in there and it's TOTALLY worth it.. I LOVE it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, Shelley!! You pulled out all the stops on this beauty! Lovin all the DPs, and amazing details on each panel. You must be giddy with glee over this one - I would be!!

    Thanks for yoru e-mail. Don't stress out over the b-day card. I have a good friend from university who has received a b-day card on her birthday only about twice in 20 plus years so I understand LOL!

    Took a peek at your other blog and the sewing machine is too fun :) My mom had an old singer when we were kids that had the pumping petal at the bottom of it. Can remember getting down there and pumping it for her sometimes. Glad you are enjoying your find so much - that's when it's well worth it. (((Hugs))) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! Shelly this is such a beautiful work of art and you can tell it's made with lots of lurrrve! You really are a clever chicki ya know!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful shelley-I love all the detail that you added to this and thanks for pointing it out in your photos-creative "tricks in your bag"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Shelley! This is the most beautiful banner I have seen! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You are very creative, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Shelley this is purely amazing! I love your attention to detail and the cohesive look to the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just BEAUTIFUL!! The detail is amazing and I love the crystal effects on the glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. not much i can say about this one, other than STUNNING!!! so much detail, lots of candy for the eyes, the trim and colours are beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, love it! The colors, the font, everything. You are sooooo talented! I love your vintage valentines too. Super cute the way you have them displayed.

    ReplyDelete