Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh Happy Day! A Card I Am Pleased With!

I was beginning to think it would never happen.  I've spent the better part of days...distracted...unable to create anything GOOD!  Today was different.  Funny how a looming deadline can either bring brilliance or disaster.  I decided to start with the same basic design as I used for my Redwork card.  Love that card!  Same, embossing folder.  Then, switch it up with Frosty.


What a great color combo, the Baja Breeze and Real Red.  I finally got the chance to play with the Glass Glitter and Waffle Paper.  Both are wonderful!  I'm so happy they are both carrying over beyond the mini catalog.  The ribbon came from a box lot at a recent auction.


We've all seen this kind of ribbon before.  Not too impressive, but put it through the Big Shot with the Square Tile embossing folder and wow!  That's pretty!  Even the kinks in the ribbon (see them) came out, going through the Big Shot.

I actually managed to qualify for a few challenges, too!

Stampin' Royalty is hosting a Bring on The Bling Challenge!  Yahoo!
The Pink Elelphant is hosting a Winter Wonderland challenge!  Yipee!

PLUS....
Today's "Ways to Use It" challenge on SCS is GLITTER!

So I hope you like what I finally had to show you!  I'm headin' back to the craft room now!

11 comments:

  1. Love, love, love what you did to the ribbon. Way to think outside the box. Great job with the waffle paper and glitter. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour combo and what a cute little snowman :) Brilliant idea to run the ribbon through the EF. Love the red stitching too :) You back into that craft room and keep them coming (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Shelley! How clever to emboss the ribbon, it looks amazing! And the ruffled, sparkly frame around that cute snowman is the perfect accent. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is a fabulous card and equally cool treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet Christmas card Shelly. Love how you embossed the ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool and creative card! Love the vintage looking snowman image, the tinsel and embossed ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Very clever embossing the ribbon! Love the ruffled frame and super cute snowman image. Your stitching is perfect. Nicely done!
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really a pretty christmas card shelley-love the waffle paper and your ribbon treatment

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous! I love what you did. Very cute - and very creative. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love the ribbon! what a fabulous idea! and I just adore your whole card!!! thanks for sharing at the Pink ELephant!! have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a stunner! You deserve the royalty crown!!

    ReplyDelete