Monday, August 23, 2010

Halloween Fun

I had to get some ink on this stamp right away!  Last Thursday was the kids first day of school.  I celebrated (not that I wanted them to go back) with a road trip to Mike's and a few quilt shops.  This stamp was the first to catch my eye.  Usually I can't resist  buying a few of these cheap thrills but this day I stuck with the ONE that spoke the loudest.


I also happened to pick up an embossing folder on clearance, so I had two new toys to play with.  I inked up my folder with a brayer and black ink before sending it through the Big Shot.  I've done this before with mixed results.  Today was no exception.  I probably did 5 "tests" trying to keep the ink from smearing.  Nothing totally fixed the problem, but once I started I had to include it in the card.  It fit the card so well!

I still love stitching on my cards and I should do more of it because it is so much fun.  So look out for more stitching!

4 comments:

  1. I saw this exact stamp. That is a cute frog. You've done an outstanding job with it too!!! LOVE the stitching and the stars. Simply fabulous, my friend :D

    Glad to hear you celebrated with a trip to Mike's. Hopefully you can also get some much needed down time now that school has started. I am getting pretty fried myself. Swimming is good but exhausting and I'm starting to twitch without my alone time! At least I did pretty well at the LSS Garage Sale and have some mad money to spend on stamping goodies Yeah!! Nesties, PTI, Verve, SU....lots of fun things to look at and see what I can treat myself with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cute little frog. I'd never thought of inking up an embossing folder, but it looks fabulous! It was definitely worth whatever trouble it gave you, because it adds a special touch. I also LOVE the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card just makes me smile! Love that cute little froggy and all your stitching and stars are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete