Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Whimsical" Little Gift

Hello again, my stamping friends! Are you making it through the week? Just one more day 'til the weekend. I hope my little project today puts a smile on your face. I am pretty excited about this project!I used a Stampin' Up! Medium Square Envelope and the new Glassine Bags to create a treat bag for those yummy Valentine's Day candies. As you can see, it's the back side of the envelope that I embellished. So, you could write your "to" and "from" on the front side and even do more stamping, if you like. I started but cutting the back flap down to 1 3/4". As it was, the flap was just too big. Then, I cut the red Sending Love specialty paper to fit the entire flap, both width and length.

Both pieces on the bottom portion are cut 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" to allow for a little reveal on the sides and bottom. I punched through all three layers (front & back of envie and the DSP) at once. I used Chocolate Chip ink and the sentiment from Whimical Words next to my punched heart. The closure is a Real Red Corduroy Button along the red ribbon. The punched flower is from Boho Blossoms Punch. If I had the pink buttons I might have skipped this step. I tried using a velcro enclosure to seal my pouch with only fair results. In the end I used glue dots. The velcro would be been nice for resealing purposes, so I may still want to go that route.

I filled my treat bag with M&M's©. I did not cut off the excess bag, I simply folded it shut to fit inside the envelope.

One other idea to consider. A CD or DVD will fit in the Glassine Bag (it just fits.) Why not make your friends or sweetie and "love" mix. If you go this route be careful of your heart placement. It needs to be more near the corner, otherwise the spindle hole shows in the window.

So, I hope you liked what I had to share today! I don't make a lot of 3-D items, so this was kinda a big deal for me! I'd love to hear what you have to say, please consider leaving a comment!

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment