Friday, October 30, 2009

Me Again. Surprised?

Wow, two posts in one day! Not too often that happens.

I thought I'd go ahead and post a few pictures of my house on my favorite holiday! I just love Halloween! OK, maybe it's a tie between Christmas and Halloween. Too hard to choose.

Like most years I have LOTS of ideas but the time flies by so quickly. This is what I did get accomplish.My mantel. I love primitive and vintage Halloween. I have mostly primitive, not so much vintage....yet! The rats and spiders are new this year via Martha Stewart.
The BOO blocks are ones I made a few years ago with the help of my great uncle, who is since passed. He was always happy to help me with my hair-brained ideas! I've built three furniture pieces in my house with his encouragement!

I adore Lori Mitchell pieces. The figures on each side of my BOO blocks are her's. I'm hoping to add a few more, maybe after the holiday and I can get a bargain or two!
Here is my floorcloth outside my front door. Recognize the sentiment? It's from the retired by the same name, Home is Where the Haunt Is. I made this several years ago. It's painted on the back side of a piece of linoleum.
The last is a pillow I've made out of a tea towel and a travel pillow form. See the large buttons on the sides? I change it out with the seasons. The quilt on the back of the chair is one I made, just flannel squares, very comfy.

Maybe next year I'll have more to share....

2 comments:

  1. These are ALL lovely! I love this time of the year and your decorations are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE ♥ all the fun Halloween docor and elements... so perfectly done!! I'm sad it's gone now and I enjoy fall the most... the colors are what I like! SO FUN.. and TFS!

    Can you believe the warm weather? I'm getting ready for a retreat weekend, house chores and baking this weekend. Enjoy yours... :)

    ReplyDelete