Friday, April 3, 2009

Spinner Card


Happy Friday! Hope you've had a good week. I have completely goofed off all week. I stayed home all but Tuesday. I did have to do some hateful jobs, like laundry along the way. However, I still found plenty of time to play!

Last year before Easter I had planned on doing some kind of moving card with the A Good Egg. Every idea I came up with had some sort of obstacle. I never came up with a really good solution, so it didn't get done. I started thinking about it again over the past few days and came up with a spinner card. Now if only the story ended there. Have you ever started a card and then in mid-way through changed your mind? Or right after you finish an element of the card you have a better idea? Or maybe even smudge your ink? That kept happening with me and this card. I started again and again. At some point you just get tired of it and say "That's it. It is DONE!" That's where I am at with this one. You want to know the worst part? It doesn't spin!!! I could not just leave well enough alone. The area under the slider was the striped patterned paper and I didn't like that. So, I put a piece of Certainly Celery underneath. The bottom line? The cardstock adds too much thickness and it's too tight to spin. Big sigh!

So, keep that in mind if you would like to try this out! I will make another......I just need a few days to "recover" from my goof!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. You sure had your time with this card, BUT it's so darn cute! Love the bling and Top Note... and the DP is perfect for Easter colors!! Are you getting snow... or BLIZZARD? I hear it's nasty in Iowa. Keep warm with those fuzzy slippers and cup of coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty! I'm sorry it gave you a tough time...but thanks for sharing your tip with the rest of us :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete