Friday, April 17, 2009

Kristina's Color Inspiration #14


Good morning and good Friday to you all! It is finally feeling like spring here in Iowa and I have been taking advantage. I have been working in my yard almost everyday this week. I am hoping today will be the end of the grunt work for a while. I will be dividing many of my perennials today. I probably have about a half dozen that need it, so hopefully it won't take too long.

I'm posting before I go outside just in case it turns into a bigger job than I expect!

I'm still working on cards for Kristina's Color Inspiration. I have been lax in this as well. I've missed her last two entries. So, if I want to do them all, I need to do about 10 more cards. We'll see....I'm not making any promises. I have to say, I've hit a brick wall when it comes to these challenges.

Today's card uses one of my favorite In Colors from last year, River Rock. I'm really enjoying the simplicity of this card. I LOVE the swirls from Priceless behind the "dream big" sentiment. I also love my Spiral punch on the side. It's a fun one to use! I'm a sucker for punches! I used the Trio Flower punch for the flower dotting my "i", too. I used a bit of designer paper from last years Halloween pack under the ribbon to add a little punch. That's about all there is to tell!

So, I hope you have a great weekend! I will be busy attending my son's baseball games, with multiple games on Saturday and Sunday. If the weather stays nice it will be a pleasure. See ya again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Super CUTE card! Great take on the colors and the DP behind the ribbon is a fun touch. (You always come up with creative ideas.) Exciting that spring is arriving here in Minnesota. Today it was gorgeous!! I bet your yard is looking great and getting your hands in the dirt felt good... we just got rid of the snow on the north side of the house yesterday. But the shed has a "Drif" just waiting to melt down.. LOL! You have a super weekend Shelley and enjoy the baseball games... :) SMiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy - it sounds like you've been having lots of fun :) I have been really enjoying watching your interpretation of those challenges; keep up the SUPERB work! Enjoy the sports and your Spring fun!

    ReplyDelete