Sunday, March 15, 2009

Accordion Flower Ornaments

Happy Sunday to you! It is going to be so nice here this week. I am so looking forward to more than a teaser of nice weather. I hope to get into the yard this week and do some clean up! Truthfully, I will be shocked if St. Patrick's Day is nice. Very rarely do we have good weather. I think it suppose to be in the 70's, so watch....it will rain!

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to share with you these accordion flower ornaments I made for my mom's St. Paddy's Day tree. I actually shot a video in hopes to post my very first video tutorial but I am such a newbie in video editing, I gave up! I need a video tutorial on how to do a video tutorial!!! You know one probably exists!!! Just need to search YouTube.

Anyway, the skinning on these. I scored mine every 1/4". I know that's kinda small, 1/2" would work just fine, too. The reason I wanted to a tutorial? I have one big tip. Get yourself a shallow round dish or lid (I used the lid of a tin I had) to put the accordion flower into as you are trying to secure the center. If you've tried these before, you know getting those little buggers to stay flat while putting on the center is challenging! The added bonus? Your accordion is the perfect circle. Otherwise, you are trying to keep it flat, keep in perfectly round and trying to add your center embellishment all at the same time! I had two hands free after putting it in the tin lid. I sure hope this helps you! Sorry I didn't get the video ready for you!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! These cute St. Patrick's Day ornaments sure put a SMILE on my face... :) I hope you have luck in finding info on video tutorials... In' not savvy in that area AT ALL! Is the weather in the 70's today? We're going to hit the mid 40's to low 50's... hopefully! Have a super day my stampin' friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute. The jar lid idea is a good one! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great St. Patty's Accordian Flowers! One night, I spent hours trying to make these - lots of frustration because they did exactly what you said -- they pop up! One question about your tip ... what keeps it from popping up? -- you said two hands can be free. I'm confused ???

    ReplyDelete