Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration #28


It has been so long since I took participated in one of Kristina's challenges. Since the end of July, in fact! I've missed so many good ones. I've finally made more time to stamp (& quilt) so I'm a very happy girl! This card came together so fast! Usually it takes me FOREVER! I was challenged personally because I don't have either Ruby Red or Sage Shadow ink. I knew I wanted to make a layered flower, then it hit me to use the Pumpkin Pie Die-Cut Flowers. They don't come in Ruby Red, so the smallest red I used the Scallop Circle Punch. The largest is a simple circle that I torn the edge. I crumpled them all, smoothed them out again, then added the Jumbo Eyelet with a Rhinestone Brad. The sentiment is a rub-on from Sale-A-Bration. Love those rub-ons because I seem to struggle with my white craft ink. Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

  1. great card... good luck in the round up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply beautiful! love the layers and the way you did the leaves! i am from iowa too! southeast corner! great to come over to your blog for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love using the white rub-ons, too. They always look so nice and crisp on dark card stock. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Simple and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a really good use of the rub ons... i really struggle with white embossing coming out clean too. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You card is beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card and congrats on top 15!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I love the white background! Congrats on the top 15!

    ReplyDelete