Tuesday, January 21, 2014

So Very Grateful [Love this Set!] Valentine

I didn't think I would be stamping on Monday.  We had plans to go buy Kenna her first car.  Well, negotiations came to a stand still pretty quickly and we left with no car, no need to get plates, no calls to the insurance company...nothing.

After catching the season-ending episode of Sleepy Hollow I headed to the craft room!

I used this sketch by Mary Jo for the Lunchtime Sketch Challenge over at Techno Stamper.





I stayed to the sketch....almost completely.  The rectangle up top was my only sticking point.  I played with this element for hours...literally...I'm sorry to say!  I'm so glad it turned out in the end!



There are three types of thread on this card!  I tried at least three different ribbons, too.  None of them made the cut...ha! ha!

My favorite element?  And where I started?  The Crumb Cake heart embossed and water-colored using my newest favorite set, So Very Grateful!  

This lead to another challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, "Using White on Kraft with Watercoloring."

Now, I have the rest of the day to get some things done!

2 comments:

  1. That cross stitching is just too fun!! Darling card. Sorry the car shopping came to a stand still...hopefully you can venture out again with better results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Shelley, love how you used that stamp! thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit and leaving comments. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete