Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dasher ... A Jingle Belles Challenge

This weekend has been great.  Just goofing off in my craft room.  It is darn cold here in Iowa so I love going into my craft room, cranking up the oil heater and hibernating in there!  I haven't done a Christmas card in a couple weeks so I thought I'd go visit the jingle belles.  They didn't fail me.  They had a sketch I could work with, it just took a little more time than I expected.


I had the basic idea of what I wanted, but it was just a little too plain for me.  That's when I decided to use up my scraps and make a patchwork background.  I LOVE using my scraps!  I took all blues and greens and I used strips of Heat and Bond, a fusible webbing, to put it all together.  Much easier than glues and tapes.  I think it should hold better, too.



Now you want to know the weird part?  As I am preparing this post, getting the URLs to paste here, I see a card already posted with amazing similarity to mine.  Go figure!  I'm always afraid of this happening, which is why I try not to look at the challenge post and I try and do the challenge soon after it's been posted.  Well, it's bound to happen.  I'll have to make sure and leave her a comment.

7 comments:

  1. I don't really think hers is similar to yours at all ... love the fabulous patchwork background ... and using the snowflake as the sketch element is brilliant ... so very glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clever creation. The snowflake is perfect for this sketch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the patchwork background. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooooh! now that is an amazingly lovely card, missus! a brilliant take on brenda's sketch, of course, but also a lovely use of that fab snowflake, and of course the idea of using fusible web to make a patchwork of PAPER scraps is just pure ♥GENIUS♥!!! thanks for joining our sketchy fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sektch and that big snowfalke has me drooling - I want it!!! Well done using up your scraps too! thanks for the link - will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see much similarity in the cards either Shelley, they're both great. Really love your patchwork, the colours and that HUUUGE snowflake! It's just brilliant.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty!! I love anything with patchwork in it! The background is really pretty and I love the big snowflake and deer!!

    ReplyDelete