Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration #35


I was so happy when it started snowing today and school let out early. Instead of running my weekly errands I got to come home and work on Kristina's Color Inspiration! I thought I was going to use a lot of designer paper. I had pulled out every piece of So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Close To Cocoa and Chocolate Chip I had. Then, I went in a totally different direction when I decided to use the ribbon fraying technique again. Like my card posted on 12/7/08, I used the striped Baja Breeze 5/8" ribbon to make my flower. I love the texture this flower adds and it has a more contemporary feel. I used the Dotted Line wheel with So Saffron ink as a base for the Wonderful Favorites sentiment (love that set!) I crumpled and sponged the Very Vanilla base for more texture. In the end it needed a little something more. That's when I added the small flower on the bottom edge from Priceless. I'm looking forward to more snow days! We have lots of opportunities for snow and ice (yuck) this week. Thanks for stopping by today!


8 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card. I love the fibers! Very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower is awesome! I laughed when you said our cards were similar, but they are different enough. I love that dot wheel - it's on my wish list too! Very fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly! I love the fuzziness around the flower! Awesome idea! See you next week ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love your flower with the ribbon! what a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this. I've never heard of the ribbon fraying technique; but it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good job you did with this card, I love the frayed ribbon tech. never thought of doing that but it totally makes the card!

    Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    TFS
    Clouds :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just darling! I love the colors and your ribbon technique!! FANTASTIC!!! You popped on my blog Tuesday night asking about the chipboard characters by Cosmo Cricket. This brand is not related to the Cricket machine. Cosmo Cricket has chipboard letters that are adhesive. I picked them up at a local store. Check out this site www.cosmocricket.com. Some very fun stampin' and scrapin' supplies!! Thanks
    for the comment on my blog. Enjoy the snow, as Christmas is coming soon! Chat again soon... Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete